Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Work and Blessings Continue...

Mon, February 28, 2011 5:11:28 PM

To start off - just FYI, some packages of letters got lost in space and so I have to apologize to both sets of grandparents, Erica & Mark Thompson, Steph & Q Thompson, Inga & Dan Slade, Shannon & Zach Bundy, cousins Mindy, Becky and Kerri (& families), as well as Aunt Leah & fam, Jessica Mutz, Lauren Holmes, brothers Ryan & Kyle and other extended family and friends. I wrote you all letters but they are lost. It will take me time to recuperate and rewrite again but know that I love and care for you all and I did write back. You just won’t get them. Because the mail system hates me. BUT please write to me soon--I want to hear from you all! Entonces... on with business....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMMMMMMMA LA QUIERO MUCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom is the greatest. And I know everyone says that, but it is always true.

We are going to celebrate with a special baptism! Of a man named Martin who has changed my life and perspective of missionary work. He was taught before by elders, but when the elders were taken out of the area for sisters to come in, his paperwork was lost and so the visits suddenly ceased. He wondered what happened and why they didn´t return but we showed up and picked up where the elders left off (they are now in the south mission of Nicaragua). We have been working with him about 2.5 months or something. His wife died a long time ago but he is still in love with her and so you can imagine how the plan of salvation and sealings in the temple have affected him. I am very excited to be able to participate in his miracle.. really in the mission we don´t create or perform miracles or anything like that, we only put hands to the Lord´s work - we are just participants in something much more grand than ourselves. It is amazing.

I am learning a lot right now personally... including how to get my life even more in line the way it needs to be. Tengo que hechar y limpiar y organizar a todo! En cada forma! Pues.. Remember that you can make the difference even if your past was different, even if you didn´t have examples to learn from. We make the difference in every minute. Make changes now in your own life so the future can be better for everyone. If the gospel doesn´t exist to solve problems and become better people then what is it good for?


No comments:

Post a Comment