Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Spirit of the Mission

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:01 PM
I don’t really feel the Christmas spirit at all, even though there are lights everywhere here in Nagarote (I seriously couldn’t be in a better place than where I am), but that is not a sad thing. I feel the MISSION spirit. I am loving, loving, LOVING my time here. I really don’t want to come back. Sorry. But this whole mission thing is a great big miracle and who doesn’t want to be a part of that? I am more alive than ever. Every day is better, even though my time is ebbing away. So.. sad..

In the big news, this week I completed 18 months in the mission. The jokes are rolling about how I don’t have to work anymore cuz supposedly I have fulfilled what they called me here to do—haha. Nah, I am going strong as ever. We baptized another family Saturday - this guy had a very hard time leaving behind some things in his life but finally came to a point where he could be baptized. I feel pleased to be able to participate in this miracle in his life and to have seen his personal progress in my time here. Like everyone else, he has a long way to go but he has put his first foot forward now and I know that this step will help him to be all he can be.

I love this place. I love God and Jesus Christ and having the spirit in my life.














Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment