Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, October 16, 2011

Some goals achieved...

Monday, October 10, 2011 7:43 PM

happy GOLDEN birthday to my baby bro!!

........................who isn’t too baby anymore. The big QUINCEÑERO!! Felicidades! If you were Latin you would have the biggest party ever!

So I don’t have much to share this week. Just that I had the greatest confirmation ever. That’s all. I won’t go into specifics, but I realized I have so far achieved the goal that I put at the beginning of my mission without even realizing it. Amazing. I feel so good cuz even though I’m not the best in so many ways I have been able to develop my strengths and play the part that God needed me to play. I feel like I have had a successful mission thus far and in some ways that others don’t get to, which makes me very happy. It is hard to have patience with oneself in this crazy process of perfection but it’s good when you come to milestones like this. Now I only have 3 changes left to take advantage of. I’m kind of nervous and I hope that I can make the most of this precious time I have left here in complete service of the Lord.

Also, I wanted to share another experience that I had. Satan hits it hard all the time but I think one thing we overlook sometime is how he works subtly and diligently directly after we have received spiritual impressions.

1. To forget how we felt

2. To forget the importance of the revelation and the promised blessings

3. To forget to act on the revelation, and just continue where we were without the solution

In the conference I received kind of a personal revelation on something I had to do. I realize now that although I received that revelation, I wasn’t quite sure how to do that but sure that it should happen. But I just kind of left it there, until I remembered again Saturday and began meditating on it. During church on Sunday, I just received another line upon that line revelation on how to accomplish what the Lord wants me to accomplish to be able to grow. I got it in specifics, 2 exact things I can do that are the keys to bringing to life that impression I received. Meditate - study things out, and don’t leave it for another day. We can only work `while it is called Today´ (Hebrews 3:13). If we don’t work while it is today, then we risk becoming hardened. It becomes more and more impossible to do things the more we put it off.


We have changes this week. I think I may be going, but we will see. I don’t really care where I go if I do, just as long as it is out of Managua--hahaha. I want to get to know something new and different. But we will see what God wants. If I do go, I am happy with the work I have done here, even though we never achieve all the possibilities when we leave an area. I feel as though with Hna. DeCoursey we have been able to witness miracles and truly help people in their personal spiritual progress which has been amazing to be a part of. This was probably one of my best all around changes in the entire mission. I’m going to miss many people here.




Roasting marshmallows on the hotplate

No comments:

Post a Comment