Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, October 23, 2011

Transferred--AGAIN!!

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:57 PM

First things first - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received a letter from you and it was very sweet. Thank you for thinking of me and for catching me up on your life and for inspiring me yet again. I hope this next year is filled with joy and family and just good times rolling all around!

So, yes, I had changes AGAIN! I have been on the move since April! It’s a very different experience, moving so much. But I am glad for what it has taught me about the basics and other stuff.

And guess where they sent me??? BAAAAAAAACK TO LEÓN!!!!!!!! I COULDN´T BELIEVE IT!!! I’d already been to all the areas there so I guess they had to open an area so that I could keep my score going I suppose. Hahahaha..! I am actually opening an area our mission hasn’t touched so it’s really great we have the greatest confidence of the president and of God and I am so happy to meet the people that I have just met in these few days and hope that I can help some Almas to return to God….These last few months of the mission are amazing and I’m loving it. It’s such a rush. I’m living on missionary work and am so happy. The president loves me and trusts me a lot I guess. The responsibilities are higher than ever and I’m doing well. I’m not thinking about or worried about myself or the future and I’ve just been able to focus on this work and it’s so liberating and clear and happy and aahhh calm--it’s the bessssssst.


My area is actually the
halfway point between Managua and Leon but it is part of the zone of Leon so that’s where we travel to for meetings and P-days. It is called Nagarote and it is special. We are taking over part of what used to be in the south mission. My mission is now half Leon and half Managua and probably will win out with more time in Leon. I am sooo happy. I love this place: the people, the culture, everything. My companion is a hard worker who is compassionate and enthusiastic and I already feel like I’ve been companions with her for a good amount of time although it’s not even been a week. Her name is Hna. Galdamez and she is from El Salvador. She is the nurse for the Latins here in the mission. I feel alive again. I’m going to finish my mission alive and kicking!

My testimony to you all is that God loves us, He knows what we need to learn, and He answers prayers. It is possible to be happy with all your situations that happen. It is possible to see people through God´s eyes. It is important to love people. They can feel the spirit through you. I know that. I have both been the giver and receiver of that and bear testimony of the three big ones - Faith, Hope, and Charity. I think in part my mission has brought those things to light for me in my mission, in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment