Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Saturday, October 2, 2010

just a quick post....

Mon, September 27, 2010 6:17:39 PM

Just a quick post today, sorry! Okay so apparently there is a hurricane here right? yea the weather is a bit different than usual. Yea... okay so with that, Im on the other coast but still we are feeling the effects. I have zero dry shoes and so my feet hurt day after day cuz thats what happens when your feet are soaked through for so long and it is awful. Feels like knives cutting into my feet. We wade through dirty water to get to all the places we need to and it is raining most of the time. And then we will have dry spells but then it will rain hard core for like 5 minutes and stop again.. so kind of like Houston ahhaha. The sewers are backed up with water and they are spilling over back into the streets cuz there isnt room. So all we have to do is go right through it and try not to think of whats in the water... ewwwww! But hey, its cool. Its all part of the experience!! Im diligently searching for some sort of rain boot but its just not happening hahah. Anyways other than that we aren't seeing too many effects of the hurricane. A bit of wind that can be fun but yea thats all. No biggie. Maybe you guys will get it next??

And I don´t speak Spanish...fluently anyway. It´s constantly a battle of faith to realize that the Lord will use what Spanish I have to help the people and then teach me more along the way. I truly believe theLord will help me and bless me with my Spanish...He already has, but I want so badly to communicate. I think that´s the hardest part.. that no one understands me at all, even when I do speak the language and I just don´t feel like I´m at my full potential. But I´ll get there. I know that. I just have to exercise more patience.



...this is the parrot from the dark side. He tries to bite us all the time and he's just freaking mean and I hate him. Except, if you knock him off his perch with a broom or something, then you can put your finger down and he will just hop on like it's no big deal and he will be happy. But after you put him back up again he will turn right around and try to get you hahaha.


...this is our baptism this week, the mother of the two children baptized at the beach last week. Her name is Diana. I absolutely love her family. The youngest, who I haven't sent a pic of yet, is named Steven and he wins for the cutest child I've ever met and talked to award. Freaking adorable. Anyways, I love this family and I'm very happy for them!!


...my fave cathedral here in Leon; I don't remember what it is called though....


Hna. Platero -n- I at the beach....


...this is our obispo (bishop-I'm never using that word again..obispo is so much cooler!!), Bishop Altamirano. He's pretty much amazing. I have never seen anyone as hardworking as him...he is truly an amazing example of "seek ye first the kingdom of God" and I am very grateful to have him in our ward. He supports us so much. Our ward is amazing and I think a lot of that is because of him....

No comments:

Post a Comment