Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Monday, January 10, 2011

AVANZA

Mon, January 10, 2011 5:54:10 PM

Anyways so we are having a few hiccups in our baptisms for the families but they are still going forward. The families come to church on their own and stay the whole time, and they chat and become friends with the members.

We found this investigator named Martin, who is amazing. Golden! Apparently, he had been taught before by missionaries. What happened was the missionaries both must have gotten switched out and his paperwork got lost so no one came to visit ... until NOW! And he is prepared. Every appt. is awesome and he always has a lot of questions for us. This last time we watched a movie clip from some movie about football that is really good as a comparison between this life and our relationship with the Lord. At the end of the appointment he said I think that video was meant especially for me - and we didn’t even know that would happen! I just had felt it would be a good way to introduce the plan of salvation, especially for his type. And he started saying that he was reminded of all the things he should be doing and what the Lord expects of him and holy cow it was a realllly cool experience. I wish I could explain it but it just seems impossible. It was pretty awesome because the spirit talked to him.. not us.

I am having the time of my life. I have my personal battles but in the big picture they don’t show up much. Looking back at the 7 months I have had, I can’t think of anything really except happiness and love for the Lord, as cheesy as that sounds. I am in a great, well balanced, healthy companionship that I love, we are working with FAMILIES, the president and AP’s think we are awesome, and I am beginning to really know what to say when the opportunity comes. I have had a lot of spiritual experiences that feel amazing, even if they are small. I love you all and wish you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment