Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Monday, January 3, 2011

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Mon, December 27, 2010 5:45:58 PM
Wellllll, Courtney and Ronald, not a hippopotamus














I got changed. But it was for the better. I feel so refreshed now and remember what it was like to feel like a new missionary. Change of scenery and people was good for me. I am now in Managua..it is tranquil. It's freakin' fachente (rich) in comparison! I had no idea it would be so different. Also it is awesome because my comp is like.. almost the same page as me. Awesome! Hna. Cano is Guatemalan and doesn't speak English and came a transfer after me but we are on the same level and she is cool. I like our compship but I don't like being the one with responsibility now.

I am still learning and I'm loving the ride. I don't want my mission to end..... I only have 1 year left. Buuuummmmer.

Hnas. Rippstein and Cano

We had this drink (from Guatemala, for my companion) called ponche and it was like I was drinking Christmas.... amazing. My Christmas was actually one of the best I have ever had, even though I had changes 3 days before it. Except for they fed us a ton holy cow I have never had so much in my life... they make a national dish that I don't remember how to say but it's basically chicken with veggies in a special sauce with bread and rice. I am so thankful for the privilege to spend Christmas among these people 2 times. I really.. really love it.

I was actually really humbled last change... zero baptisms at all. But now I have been changed we have 2 really really positive FAMILIES and a couple individuals as well!! I am sooooo happy to be able to participate in this miracle. Freak... I am just happy in my new area. I think more than anything what I learned last change was my eyes were opened to the power that Satan has, and how hard he works against us. It is really depressing. I think the biggest miracle I have been able to see is how you can still be happy even when everything is coming against you. I know that the Lord works in miracles. I know this is His plan. And I know that if we keep on doing our part.. His success (whatever kind he wants) will come. We really ARE just instruments.

I hope that things are magical and that you are smiling as always! Prospero año nuevo my friend!!






No comments:

Post a Comment