Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, June 19, 2011

Surprise change!

Tue, June 14, 2011 3:13:08 AM
Well..I can't believe it. I got changed. I was not prepared for that. It hit me hard. I believe that I left my heart in Leon; you all know it was my home, full of my family and just overall greatness. It was even harder leaving this time.. especially on such short notice, unexpectedly, without being able to say goodbye to my loved ones. I really don't appreciate that about this mission. But whatever - what's done is done.

Now I am in Esteli. The area I am in is difficult but I feel good because I know that I have been fulfilling every day what the Lord would have me do and that we are working with the spirit. My new companion is Hermana López. This is her last change in her mission and I am her first white companion. Haha that is kind of funny. She is from Guatemala, youngest of 3 girls, and has really learned a lot in her mission. I have a lot to learn from her this change. Anyways, so Esteli.. it is surrounded by mountains.. I'm kind of in a valley; actually my area reminds me a lot of Utah, except Spanish, and poor. But it's cool. The weather - it's not cold like they said it would be. It is more like Managua. My area is pretty poor. This is also my first time being in a branch - we don't have wards here. The church is just beginning here and needs a lot of work. I feel kind of like a pioneer being here right now.. the people that we teach now will be the future leaders that will carry the church to its full potential here in Esteli.

I look forward to bringing forward a few miracles here with my new companion. I know it is possible and I know that the Lord walks with us. I know that God loves us. A lot. More than that I now that God is saving our future lives here in the mission by teaching us valuable lessons now. I know that He has a plan for everything and every moment we live here is a blessing far greater than we could comprehend. Take care & keep up with the prayers! They strengthen me so I can strengthen the people here!

No comments:

Post a Comment