Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Party and Another Change!

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:21 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDPA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it is a magical one and that the day is rich in family and spirit.

Sooooo this is picture week!

Last week in Bello Horizonte we surprised the zone with a mariachi - it was for that elder´s b-day (but this we kept a secret from everyone except us 4) and they were all like WHAAAAT cuz the trumpet just started blasting and next thing you know there is a mariachi right in the middle of the zone meeting. You should have seen their faces.... priceless! It was sooo great though. My area in the Rotonda was always crawling with Mariachi bands.. they were ALL OVER THE PLACE which is uncharacteristic of Nicaragua for those of you that have shiny ideas of what Latino culture is like. Also in my area there was a cookie factory (Nabisko) and it always smelled really delicious to pass by there.




And, also, I got changed. Again. To 10 minutes away. I can now say I have been in all areas of León and now Managua as well. Haha well what can you do.. you just gotta’ serve in whatever capacity the Lord calls you, even if the place isn’t your favorite. No but really I love my new area. I do really, really, really, really miss my old zone and the investigators that we had finally built up there. I had very good relationships with them and I don’t think the new sisters have located them all just yet but I know God will provide a way. I think God in these recent months has just decided I’m here to prepare areas. Again I’m in an area that doesn’t have many possibilities going for it so we are in the search. I wonder if I will just area hop and prepare a lot of seeds instead of baptizing them the rest of my mission? This really teaches humility and patience, which is honestly what I need. I LOVE my comp (traded in the tiny comps for a tall whitey!!), love my bishop, love my RCs, love my area, love what I’m learning, and idk. It’s great. I am senior comp again.. Hna DeCoursey (Utah) came with Hna Garff. She is so great and we are a good team. She has been here for 2 changes already and yeah, so I’m stoked to be here. I have had 5 areas in the last 5 months..... crazy.

Also, Hna Platero, who trained me, was also the trainer for Hna DeCoursey. Hna Platero left the mission this last Wednesday for her homeland of El Salvador. Off to get married!! hahah. I can’t believe that my trainer has now finished! I feel very happy for her though because she was able to serve a very good mission and inspired many people. She was a light to all those who followed.





Right now the task is mainly to find new people to teach, but we do have one family we are teaching. The woman was inactive but now is reactivated and her boyfriend wants to be baptized. He even cries because he is not able to participate in the sacrament because he is still living in sin. But they are waiting for her divorce to finish so that they can get married and he can be baptized so our other efforts are in pressuring the lawyers here to get their butts moving so this guy can have some relief.

Say your prayers.
Read your scriptures.
Go to church.
Be diligent in those few things and the Lord will trust in you many grand things and you will be prepared for something even greater your imagination.
God loves us.
He provides for us as well.
In everything.
Truly.
The gospel is true.
(This stuff really works)

No comments:

Post a Comment