Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mission Life Goes On...

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:56 PM
Well. Life in Managua continues. Our only amazing investigator has disappeared - which is not common in Managua - and so that is upsetting. It has been difficult for me as of late because I have not felt as if I am making any difference here, not really.

We did however teach a purely AMAZING once in a life time lesson with a recent convert where we taught by power and authority with the spirit so strong you could like reach out and touch it almost. We could promise her things and feel the spirit speaking through us and everything and she cried and felt the spirit and it was great. Problem was it was Tuesday, so, she forgot about it by the time Sunday came around and went to the market instead. D´OH!

I told a contact I was from Texas and he was like TEXAS PETROLEUM and he laughed hysterically and skipped away. Weird.

It’s amazing to see how God works in the mission.. My comp and I studied ch.4 of PMG in comp study this week and we had been discussing how really agency is what decides everything and it is primarily our responsibility to bring the spirit with us and create an atmosphere in which it can teach. She mentioned that if we can feel it, then the investigator should be able to feel it too. So that SAME night we taught this one family and had exactly that experience. At the end of it all, the man said he won’t ask God if it’s all true ‘cuz he feels that is too big of a question to ask Him. He will just keep asking for health and work and that’s about it. He says he will keep on keepin’ on with life and hope a change magically appears (didn’t say the last part exactly that way but might as well..)You could literally feel the air get depressed when he said that. I just thought it was interesting and lovely and amazing that God prepared us in our study for that cita that night.

God lives and this truly is His work and I’m feeling the reality of that more and more every day as I get nearer to the end. It really is a shame that it is only 1.5 years to serve for sisters.. I feel like I’m just starting to open myself and discover the possibilities in my mission. I don’t want to miss a moment and I’m learning how to make the most of the day while it is called NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment