Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Last Change

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:58 PM

Happy Turkey Day for all you that live where people actually eat turkey and celebrate this holiday!

I enter now into a strange phase of my mission - the last change.

All my mission has brought me up to this point.. This is where it counts more than ever! Instead of feeling dead and like giving up I have felt the opposite - alive, and more motivated than ever to make a difference. I think it’s interesting, too how one really doesn’t fully understand the power, authority and the difference we make as missionaries until the end. Sometimes I feel like I’m just now figuring out how to do this work, and I’m about to go home! But judging from what other folks say, that is pretty typical.

We have been teaching a few families but our main goal right now is fixing up the branch and finding new families and building relationships with the members through service. We`ve got a lot of big plans, and a lot of people to help. Most of the recent converts have been faltering recently due to challenges that have come their way or their negligence in the spiritual maintenance work. So we have to help them out with that. This Tuesday we will be having our own little Thanksgiving activity at the church (which is actually a house by the way) and expect great results out of it.

I had been reflecting about how to make the mission a part of my life forever and I think that I don’t have to worry about that cuz what I’ve learned is pretty much applicable to everything I think that could come. I hope that it is true that you think of your mission every single day afterwards because this is the experience of a lifetime. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I’m so happy and GRATEFUL God saw it needful for me to serve. I’ve changed completely; my future life has been saved and there is still more to learn! I look forward to seeing what the Lord will teach me these last 6 weeks. I’m also grateful for my family and friends that have supported me through emails, letters, packages and, most of all, PRAYERS. You all are so great and I’m glad to have been able to share this experience with you. I hope that in some small way I have been able to help y’all in return. I’m also grateful for Christ who provides the way to overcome every weakness we have and any challenge that comes in our way. I’m grateful that He has patience with me and that He cares to help me progress. I’m grateful for the plan that He has provided that He has revealed in these days that has guided me and gives me hope and wonder and happiness. I know that the commandments bring true freedom and happiness and I’m also grateful for them.

Pray and work hard, and this week forgive and forget, help others, talk to someone about God and read the scriptures every single day.


(Our DL took us horseback riding this P-day--it was awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment