Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, November 6, 2011

Picture Time!!

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:43 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!!!!!

I love you and I hope your birthday celebrations were magical and that many enchanting memories will be made in the year to come! You are in my heart and prayers.

Today was cool.. we went and visited an abandoned prison! The prison wasn’t really much of anything anymore but there were bats in this one room and so we would run in and scare them out and then everyone that was frightened of them would freak out - it was fun. I just thought it was perfect for Halloween. Halloween is my favorite day of the year.. my last real Halloween I was at Disney World.. aahh.. it hurts.. But I am happy. Working hard in Nagarote - my area is different than the others I have been in.. I can’t really describe it- it’s just really different. I know that doesn’t help but.. oh well.


We threw this awesome activity Saturday that was like a fair. I did make-up for kids and stuff and all the people played games. We made donuts in the morning and they had to eat them while they were hanging on a string and it was funny. We also played other simple games that they just loved like fruit basket and stuff and…I don’t know, it was just a good branch bonding experience. Our attendance at church jumped 25 people...







(I'm not sure why this photo uploaded sideways--oops! Sorry!)




















I have gained another testimony this week that all of us have our own individual challenges chosen especially for us here in the mission and in life. What wouldn’t be hard for some is super difficult for others. We all need to be tested in different ways. We can’t compare our lives with the experiences of other people. It is an unfair and impossible thing to do. Just have to keep on keeping on and choose to be the best you can be! Well... Happy Halloween to everyone! Beware the grim-grinning ghosts!!




No comments:

Post a Comment