Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, July 11, 2010

Guatemala!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So... I have arrived. I was in airports from 7:30am yesterday to 11pm - our flight had been delayed 2 hours or so. I had a first class flight for the first one - but I've never had 1st class before so I didn't know it was anything special. Everyone else poked fun at me after I told them I'd had no idea hah. My bad.


My first experience of Guatemala was coming up over it and instead of looking like a city down below, it looked like we were flying over stars. It was different. Then my next real Guatemalan experience was getting through customs and then we went outside like what's going on and then this legit school bus drives up with black flames going down the nose and some Guatemalans were like alright lets go!! Then we rocketed over to the CCM which is pretty sweet - The temple is right outside my window. My compa, Hna Phillips, hasn't arrived yet. Last we heard, they were delayed by 4 days or something crazy, so we'll see.


For breakfast I had a cooked plantain, beans, bread, melon and other stuff I don't really recognize. Last night it was chicken & rice. It is good. I'm looking forward to my time here, though I hear the mail situation can take time. I get Dear Elders like a week or so later or something, I don't know. I don't know how it all works much just yet cuz it's been a crazy ride.


I miss the MTC and the elders that grew to be my brothers, but I'm super excited for this opportunity, especially since if I'd gone straight from Provo into a place like this I'm pretty sure I'd have died cuz it would have been too much of a shock to me; I'm glad to have this buffer. The people are so warm, open and kind and the Spirit is strong. I know the church is true! Choose the right and never let your situation get the better of you!


Love, Hna Rippstein

No comments:

Post a Comment