Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wed, July 14, 2010 4:58:04 PM

Well i've been in Guatemala for a week and it's awesome! The weather is soooo gorgeous and not like Houston at all. No muggy-ness and I actually even use blankets in the night because it gets cool. YAY.

Okay sorry I don't have a whole lot of time this week; for some reason they cut our 30 minutes down to 20 minutes, which is unfair but oh well! Life is unfair and you can choose how to take it. You make your own happiness.

What do we eat? We have meat with every meal, as well as either beans or rice. the food changes up a lot though and it's delicious. I absolutely love the bread. Next monday we start contacts on the street - it is already so humbling to be contacted by the Latino missionaries here Idk how it's gonna go on monday! My spanish is slow but it is coming. I think I mostly just have a problem hearing with conversation and such. The spirit is so strong here and the Latina women are great examples to me. It is amazing what you can learn from everybody.

I have learned you really can't do anything without the spirit in your life and that working on that is hard at times. This is a life long church and it is full of work. It is by work that you get the sweetest success. you don't grow close to your family by being born into it once. You grow close by staying together and working together instead
of ignoring problems. It's about getting through your struggles and being there when the going gets tough. The greatest relationships come about through the sweat and tears and pushing on to the end. It is the same with our relationship with God. We work to return to him; it is not easy but it is worth it. I know this church is true and that it has brought great peace to both my life and the lives of countless others. till next time! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment