Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mom's Update....

Courtney went into Nicaragua this past Monday (August 16). We waited all week hoping to hear from her, but I'm sure she was super busy getting settled, adjusted, and started. Finally, on Friday we received a phone call from Nicaragua. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, actually!), nobody answered the phone and so we got a message on the answering machine. (This was fortunate because we can all listen to it over and over and try to understand the whole message!) I'm pretty sure the message was from Courtney's Mission President's wife. She says she doesn't speak English very well. That combined with the poor quality of the message make it hard to get the total message. However, we DID understand the critical parts--Courtney is safely in Nicaragua now and Sis. Arredondo (I think that is her name) promised they are going to take good care of her! Not that I had any doubts about that, but as a mom it is reassuring to hear. The message also said something about "Monday" and that "it" would make Courtney happy, so I'm hoping that she was telling us that Mondays are Courtney's p-days. That said, hopefully we'll hear from her TOMORROW! The important thing is she has arrived in her official mission FINALLY and is beginning the next phase of her adventure--the MISSION FIELD at last! I will post her update as soon as I get it. In the meantime, thanks for keeping her in your prayers and if you ever have a few minutes and would like to drop her a line, I know she would LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. My son, Elder Denton, went into the MTC the same day as Courtney and was in the expedited course. He arrived on Mon, July 5th. He gave us a call using the Presidents phone while they were out to dinner that night at 9:30pm. Their P-day is on Monday, but I haven't heard from him today as yet. His blog, if interested, is http://eldercodydenton.blogspot.com. He's been asked to now learn Miskitu, a native indian language. Last I heard, he's on the coast on the East side of Nicaragua North.

    ReplyDelete