Hermana Courtney Rippstein





Sunday, August 1, 2010

Okay so this week has been crazy! My comp and I were just called to be
coordinating sisters over all the hermanas in the CCM. They will be
getting the biggest group ever here, and it is our responsibility -
well, one of them - to figure out where they will be staying. they
arrive tomorrow. Intense. This calling was only just created and I
look forward to the opportunity to use my major for something actually
important. It´s going to be an interesting ride.

Also, starting after this email, I begin to speak only spanish for the
next 16 or so months. I´m constantly surprising myself with what I can
remember and such. I mean, I can actually formulate sentences!! I can
teach in spanish! The harder part for me is hearing and understanding.
I have a problem with hearing - i´m going to ask the doc to take a
look at my ears next time he´s here haha.

Mom, I want to tell you I eat all of my vegetables at every meal.
Okay.. except when it´s beets. I hate those. But even cooked
vegetables I eat, which is amazing to me. Course we´re supposed to
completely clear our plates as a mission rule, but still. Idk what
they put on them but they aren´t completely discusting the way they
make them I guess! Also they have these juiceboxes that have liquid
yogurt - Likigurt they are called - that I absolutely love!! My fave
flavor is apple haha. The food is actually reaallly good. I had steak
yesterday for the first time and it was grand.

To those of you with challenges out there - I want you to know that
the Lord loves you and although things may seem bleak, you can get
through this. 1 Nep chapter 3 verse 7. He will provide a way. He loves
you and he does have a plan for you. This too shall pass and I know
that you are strong. I love you all and I am always a Dear Elder or
letter away. My love and prayers are with you, even if I don´t have
much time to write letters and such. Know that all things are for your
own experience and shall be for thy good. The work is good. Keep your
testimony strong!! LOVE

hna rippstein

No comments:

Post a Comment